CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

the learning continues apace, if anybody was wondering

Today Superman and I were doing his school worksheet. Here's how it went down:

Me: "Here are some riddles. The answers all rhyme with fun. First riddle: I am in the sky."
Superman: "I don't know."
Me: "What's something that's in the sky that rhymes with fun?"
Superman: "Uh . . ."
Me: "Name some things in the sky."
Superman: "Clouds. Fog. Birds. Herds! Herds of birds!"
Me: "What kind of a day is it today?"
Superman: "Sunny . . . sun!"

Me: "Second riddle: I am what you put a hamburger in."
Superman: "Easy! Box!"
Me: "Uh, no. What do you put a hamburger on?"
Superman: "Grill!"
Me: "No, after you cook it. What do you put a hamburger on when you're ready to eat it?"
Superman: "Plate!"
Me: "What do you put a hamburger on that rhymes with fun?"
Superman: "I don't know."
Me: "BUN!"
Superman: (giggling) "Oh, yeah!"

Thankfully he got the correct answer to "I mean 'to move very quickly'" right away, or I would have committed him.

I've called John a bunch of times since school started, wringing my hands about Superman. How could a child of ours be so stupid? But it's always like this when they first start out, I just keep forgetting. Thankfully we have Parent Teacher Conferences so I can find out that he's wicked smaht just like his brothers.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh man, I am quite literally laughing out loud. We just recently did those same worksheets. In fairness to Superman, I think they're geared toward a certain type of learning. Superman is just being literal. "uh, what do I put a hamburger on? A plate, duh. Or maybe they mean BEFORE it's cooked, so clearly the grill." He'll connect the dots with the rhyming part soon enough :)