CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

like a stumbling ghost I haunt these halls

We got a new couch for the parlor, and Ike was so distressed at the idea that we would get rid of our other one that he begged to take it downstairs into the toy room.  We should just drop the pretense and call it what it is, which is a Lego, garbage, and dirty clothes room.  They are seriously so piggish.  Thank goodness for basements.

It's a new trimester and Grant and Emmett liked their first day of classes.  Emmett is relieved that the middle school installed--just last week--some kind of curtain dividery things in the P.E. showers so he doesn't have to shower with a bunch of other people.  He was so sicked out by that concept, and rightly so.  I don't know how we, as a modern, developed society, have tolerated such a bizarre practice for so long. "Just go ahead and take off all your clothes and join your friends in the shower."  Pass.

Grant likes at least one of his teachers this trimester, which sadly is good odds.

Ike draws on his assignments and sometimes when he's feeling mouthy he writes in huge letters I DON'T KNOW in response to worksheet questions.

Willa is doing so much better with her new teacher.  I was there helping yesterday and the energy of the class is much calmer.  She's enough of a hyper dingbat in regular life; she doesn't need reinforcement of it at school.

0 comments: