Once while teaching a RS lesson I was trying to say that it's unfair to marry someone who can't take you to the temple, and then move the goal posts on him and expect him to change into a faithful member of the LDS church. What seemed to come out instead, according to the heated responses I got in class, was "if you marry someone who can't take you to the temple he'll never change and you'll never be happy." It was a real mess. I still feel awful about the whole thing.
The Sunday before last we had a surprise stake conference. We were stoked, because what if they were telling us to pack up and head to Missouri? We'd get all the good houses, score! What if the prophet came? Or at the very least, an apostle? The YW second counselor and I told our Beehives to be sure to go to stake conference, and Ellen said it would be an experience they'd never forget. Well, we got a couple of seventies. They gave good talks, as did a girl from Honeyville First Ward, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it was a bit of a letdown. I felt bad that we oversold it to the Beehives so bad. Oh well, at least they didn't group-excommunicate our stake.
I wish moms would stop buying skanky clothes for their daughters.
The end.
1 comments:
no doubt (about the clothes). It makes me so frustrated! Our RS president has said (multiple times) "Moms, never make your kids choose between your standards and the standards in the For the Strength of Youth." It really is that simple, right?
Post a Comment