CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

baby ride your firebolt

At the beginning of the summer I was a little worried. Last summer went really well, and I enjoyed the time with my kids so much that I wasn't even counting the moments until they went back to school and left me the hell alone. It seemed too much to hope, too greedy, that this summer would be equally pleasant.


But maybe what they say about attitude determining your altitude which gives you the latitude of verisimilitude blah blah blah . . . how does that go? Anyway, maybe if you have a good attitude you have more fun, because I have been pretty happy this summer. It helps that Grant is old enough to keep an eye on everybody for a little while here and there if I need to step out, so I don't have the albatross of four children to take on every single errand into every single store with me, because that is a big old drag.

We've gone here and there and had vacations and family reunions and drive-in movies and water parks and cookouts and fun with cousins and productive time spent weeding and doing chores, and it's all been pretty great. They get so useful as they age! Plus kind of fun to be with, and not in a "I'm their mom, so I love them" kind of way, but as actual companions, people you'd purposely choose to spend time with! I'm sorry to have to go back to emptying and refilling the dishwasher on my own again. I'm sorry to have to start making sack lunches again. I'm sorry to return to the punishing schedule of school and extracurricular activities. I'm sorry I'll have to resume detoxing their brains and spirits at the end of each corrosive day in our public school system.

But onward and upward, I suppose.

0 comments: