CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

what is with all the spiders?


I swear our nine months on/three months off school schedule is inspired, because right about the time I think I'm going to spontaneously combust from the sheer irritation of having my kids around me all the time, fighting and teasing and begging and talking and laughing, boom.  School starts.  Then when I can't take another day of forcing them out of bed, making breakfast and lunch at the same time, and willing them out the door just in time to barely catch the bus, boom.  School's out again.  It's a miracle.  I love those little monsters, and the time we spend both with and without each other is vital.  They were all just as ready as I was for school to start, and now here I sit, practically an empty nester.  They were so cute getting on the bus this morning.  Willa was worried last night about going to school with people she doesn't know, but we reminded her that she didn't know her preschool friends at first, either.  Ugh, girl problems.  It's going to be a party. 


I gave the boys haircuts yesterday so they'd look all fresh and nice for the first day of school.  They're pretty handsome.  I'd love to show you a picture of how cute they all looked this morning, even though Willa's hair wasn't combed yet, but that stupid cord that transfers pictures has gone missing again, of course, so I guess you'll just have to imagine it. 


Last night for our last hurrah we got some shower curtains at Ikea, then picked John up from work and got Real Tacos for dinner and ate them on the lawn at the Utah State Capitol.  Then we went inside and looked around the building, which is old and opulent and gorgeous.  My kids hadn't been inside it before, and they were suitably impressed.  Then we got Nielsen's frozen custard, and all was right with the world.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

No kids at home right now?! What is it like?!
Sounds like you rocked your last day before school started.

It's so nice to have kids that enjoy school (at least for the first part of the year). So much so, that the younger two just beg me to go to school, and then play pretend school at home while they wait to hear what real school was like from the oldest. Do you think it'll still be like that when they're all teenagers?