CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

another industrial ugly morning

You know when you go to the grocery store and there's some kid there with a snotty nose, hair all rumply and ratted, probably in character pajamas, and when there are shoes they aren't on top of socks? I used to--and still do, actually--think mean things about the parents of those children. The Oompa-loompas knew it: you can't blame the children in a case like that. Rather you must point the long, thin claw of accusation at the parents who are so lazy or neglectful or ignorant of societal mores that they will take their precious lamb out into the world looking totally unloved.

It's one of my refrains during hair-combing, bathing, fingernail-cutting, and dressing times. "Come here so I can make you look like somebody loves you." But I have four kids now, and I am tired. So this is what happens:

1 comments:

Jill said...

ha ha...she is still adorable, and if it makes you feel better, Annie hasn't been out of her jammies in like four days. My kids are off track so what's the point? They just have to put them back on for bed anyway....