CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I would not like to have been a child then, or any other age of person for that matter

Our ward choir (that practices at our house so we'll come) is practicing "Whenever I Think About Pioneers" for July, and I have a hard time singing the words. Singing it doesn't make it true, y'all, and whenever I think about pioneers, this is what I think of:

  • chopping hair out of the ice with an axe
  • lugging a sack of dirty diapers until you find a river
  • jerked beef
  • mosquitoes
  • burning sun
  • the desert
  • walking in bare feet
  • frostbite
  • gangrene
  • infant mortality
  • burning poop to stay warm
  • cannibalism
  • menstruation with no way of cleaning yourself--can you imagine how many bears they attracted?
  • bodies in shallow graves being dug up and eaten by wolves

Pass.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen.

Sandi said...

Amen from me too. There's a special place in heaven...