CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm here to keep my eye on her

One of the things I love about living so close to my parents is my relationship with Troy. Because she's so much younger than me I was sort of that distant relative she saw every once in a while but didn't know very well. Now we're real, no-foolin' sisters who can say rude things to each other and still be friends! Case in point: our text conversation this afternoon.

Troy: "Hey, I can just cook dinner on Sunday. You guys can just bring like a salad or something."
Layne: "Troy, you can just say you hate my cooking."
Troy: "No, I love your cooking. I just wanted to help out."
Layne: "I promise I'm not going to bring anything weird."
Layne: "Except maybe bubble tea."
Troy: "Ew . . . gross, that's against my religion."
Layne: "You don't love my cooking, you liar. Anyway, it's just steak, so no big."
Troy: "Okay, well, I'm cooking something too, then (I don't like steak)."
Layne: "Of course you don't. Pretty, pretty princess."

Because I love her and forgive her for being part of this new generation that doesn't care if it misspells or doesn't punctuate correctly, I have corrected her texting errors.

We went on to have a discussion about her track meet (cancelled because of the freak armageddon storm we had) and parted on good terms after I used some dated gangsta slang.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Is "pretty, pretty princess" dated gangsta slang?

the mom said...

Nah, but "fo shizzle" sure is.

Dave_and_Aleece said...

you know Troy is going to be mad you used her real name. Now someone can track her down and . . .

josefina said...

shut it dave