Well, Travis Sorenson Day was a blessed event. It was probably the best one we've ever had, because the weather was perfection. Plus! We had a Travis Sorenson Day miracle! Because Travis himself attended! It was very fun. I made ribs, and I'll say it out loud: they were really good. I hope next year can live up to it.
We visited some graves over the weekend, too. Uncle Alt and Auntie Lois, my dad's grandparents, and Phil. It was nice to reminisce about them. Uncle Alt was a horse trader, and once he had a palomino horse that my parents were going to buy for me, but they chickened out. I think it was for the best, otherwise I'd probably have ended up a hair farmer.
Today we watched Emmett's music program and Ike's graduation (by the way, kindergarten graduation is a dumb invention). Emmett was very insistent that I come to the program, but I don't know why. He just sat up there stone-faced, mumbling the words and refusing to do the actions "because they are ridiculous." Ike did his actions with military precision, and really rubbed it in Emmett's face, but Emmett is immune to mocking and peer pressure. The more you explain that he is wrong the stupider he thinks you are. I think that tenacity and bullheadedness will serve him well in life.
All of the kids got stellar marks in school and I'm so proud of them I could bust. This has been head, shoulders, knees and toes above any other school year. I don't think I've cried in frustrated despair at all!
June- Home & Yellowstone
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment