We had a vacation with my family over MLK weekend. It's the way we always celebrate MLK. We rent a cabin in Porterville and spend the weekend saying and thinking rude things when the extended proximity causes us and our children to get on each other's nerves. Kidding! But not really.
We eat good food and play games and have fun together. This year we had an Iron Chef-style cookoff which was humiliating for me, because my lava cake ended up being more like a pudding sauce. Plus it was so rich and sweet that I hated it a little bit. The secret ingredients were cocoa powder, pretzels, and cream cheese. We had to use at least two of them. Justine and Cannon won, because they made doughnuts. The rest of us were hopelessly outclassed.
Normally we try to get a family photo while we're there, so I was glad that we already had our family photos done during the Christmas break, because it meant I didn't have to cut my kids' hair and pack a bunch of possible picture outfits.
It's very generous of my parents to do this, and they seem to have a good time, even though they're forced to interact with us lazy buggers and not do any work--I think the weekend just about kills my dad. He does not care for downtime.
Here are some pictures.
0 comments:
Post a Comment