Grant got braces yesterday. We had a celebration the night before with chewy pizza and corn on the cob and popcorn and sticky candy, before he went into the treat desert. He looks and talks mostly the same, but a little different. He is growing up. Aww, Li'l Brudder! Here he is: 
Tooth-brushing is a whole different breed of cat now, a much more time-consuming and complicated breed of cat.
Willa and I get along really well when we aren't fighting. She throws the most ridiculous tantrums I have ever seen. I don't think any of our other kids have been this bratty, but John says they have. Well, I hope she grows up to be as nice as she currently is mean, and she'll be a joy. Here is a picture of us watching some cookies bake: 
I help with Ike's class once a week, and there are lots of things that make me disappointed in my fellow parents. There's the acrylic nails I mentioned, but also a bunch of the kids can't read very well, and I've interacted enough with them to know that they're not dumb kids. Pretty much their parents are failing them, whether through necessity or laziness or a combination of the two.
5 comments:
I think the ridiculous tantrums is a four year old girl thing. Drives me nuts! Try taking a video of the tantrum and showing it to her later. That seems to work sometimes. That and being sent to her room until she can be nice. I don't know if that really works but at least it removes her from my presence during the tantrum. Good luck, my friend!
Jack threw a 25 min tantrum because he wanted a mint.
(I didn't even have any mints to give him)
Cool braces, Grant. I remembered I HATED cleaning my braces. They are such a pain!
Blonde. Slim. It wasn't my imagination.
Isabel has had to have braces twice.
I love the "day-before-braces-celebration" before the treat desert. Of course, because I'm a moron, I first read it Treat Dessert, and I was all kinds of confused. Treat desert is much funnier.
I love the picture of you and Willa. It makes me smile.
Post a Comment