Last weekend we had our final family reunion for the year, sniff. I love my family in all its multitude and it makes me sad we don't see each other more often. I rode a horse for a minute. I stubbed the crap out of my toe on a stump and thought maybe I broke it, but it turns out not. I got a 91 on my BB shooting attempt, which I think is good but not great, but I'm not sure. I think I overheard a conversation defending whaling, but I chose to remove myself from the situation rather than end up in an argument. There was a brief game of what was called fireball, which is exactly what it sounds like, which was shut down by some killjoys who didn't want to set the borrowed mountain ablaze. I got a sweet hat that belonged to my grandpa, and I must say, I look way foxy in it. My cousin's fifteen-year-old son is 6' 4 1/2" and Grant standing next to him looks like he's next to the World's Tallest Man. It seriously looks like photoshop. I feel a little jealous of all the talls in my family.
Grant is at scout camp, probably being initiated into all sorts of unspeakable teenage behaviors. I have done such a good job of dissing BSA at our house that I've had to backtrack a little and defend it for the good life skills it teaches, aside from just knots and fires. Overall I guess it's a decent program to be involved in, but I sure as heck am not going to hold any of my kids hostage and say they aren't getting a driver's license until they get their Eagle. I mean, how dumb. What in the world do Eagle Scout awards have to do with driving? Parents, if you're doing that, stop it. Read a parenting book that talks about natural and logical consequences.
Emmett went on a 14-mile bike ride the other day along the highway. Ugh, the highway. Why can't we have a bike path in this place? It's nothing but cyclists from dawn to dusk in the summer, and how many of them need to be hit and killed before we figure out they need some room? At least Emmett wears a helmet, so if he does get hit by some texting jackass he will have a lovely, intact head atop his mangled body.
Ike cut his foot open again today, because: aggressive researcher. It was only a small cut, even though he was bleeding like a stuck pig. I predict that the infrequency of his shoe wearing will not be affected.
Willa has worn a hole through the mitten. I might have to make a new one. At the reunion we took it off for a family picture, and her hand is all pale and white like a cave fish, so she said that she wants a mitten for both hands so they'll be the same color. But she's singing a different tune now, and all of the sudden wants the mitten OFF. Well, hoss, this is the choice you made all those times we told you to take your fingers out of your mouth and you refused.
June- Home & Yellowstone
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment