Boy, if only I had a dollar for every time I've called John to say, "Read my blog and see if it's offensive."
Grant is doing basketball like always, and soccer. He did Honor Band last week, his birthday is this week and he can't think of anything he wants because he is "at the age where everything sucks." Poor lamb. He is doing well in school and is trying to become a quadruple threat--academics, athletics, music and something else as yet undetermined. I will try to steer him toward "treating others kindly."
Emmett is trying to bear his burden of crooked refs at the intermediate school who seem determined to hold back Emmett's handball and dodgeball teams. He is trying to get away with as little piano practice as possible. We are going to get him some solid foam tires so he can start riding his bike again. He is also doing well in school, even though he has to write essays in Language Arts and he hates writing essays because they are so dumb and they are about the dumbest things, even grandma agrees it's a stupid topic.
Ike is trying to train to swim in the Utah Summer Games, and has started playing competitive soccer. Grant does it for the shoes; Ike does it for the jerseys. He is pretty willing to practice his piano. He is doing better in school now that he doesn't hold a book inside his textbook and read while he's supposed to be working.
Willa has had tonsillitis twice in the past month, and her tonsils are still almost touching in the back, but we are going to do our best to prevent a relapse. She thinks her voice "sounds cuter now," and I was like "Um, that's a bunch of snot in your throat making you sound like that." She loves her school teacher and I am so, so thankful we transferred her out of that other class. She has excelled in this class and progressed really quickly. She'd probably still be trying to figure out how to read her first sight word page if she hadn't switched.
John and the boys went to Mexico to help build a house for a family whose house burned down on Christmas Eve. It's through a charity run by John's former boss, and they all loved it and are begging to go on the family trip in June, but I think we'll wait until next year when Willa will be old enough to come along as well. But we are going back to Mexico this summer--just not to build a house. I love Mexico! Finally our stupid time shares are starting to pay off.
June- Home & Yellowstone
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment