Last night we saw the Herriman Arts Council's production of The Sound of Music, and it was wunderbar. Our friends the Beardens are in it, and the cast is really talented. I was pleasantly surprised, because you know how most community theatre has a couple of ringers in the cast and everyone else is just sort of getting by? That was not the case here--the Mother Abbess, for example, nails "Climb Ev'ry Mountain," and the nuns' numbers are great, and the little "ah-ah-ah-aaaah" bit Liesl does in "The Sound of Music" is totally in tune, not flat like you might be afraid. It's a good show, and even emotionally moving, which I did not expect. I was just so happy that the acting and singing were on the most part so well done (with some exceptions, not among the Bearden Family, however). A number of years ago John and I saw a production of The Pirates of Penzance that will live in infamy evermore. Cheesy, terrible acting, horrible singing . . . it was gross. We wished we had tomato launchers in our armrests. But those folks we saw last night really class up the joint. I highly recommend that you go see it. Captain America was engrossed, if you can believe it.
June- Home & Yellowstone
11 years ago
1 comments:
I am just so darn jealous! Do you think we could get them to hold it over for another three weeks?
Post a Comment