So today I was feeling pretty good about myself. Clean floors, clean toyroom, laundry folded and mostly put away, plus I've got some stuff ready to enter in the county fair. Then my dad shows up with my sister to mow our lawn. Poke! goes the pin. Whoosh! goes the deflation of my self-esteem. I feel bad that we bring shame on the family. Someday, perhaps, we will not be creating a black hole with our superfluous suckitude, but don't hold your breath. On the bright side, our lawn looks way better.
June- Home & Yellowstone
11 years ago
3 comments:
Oh Layne, if having someone else mow your lawn is an indicator of shame, than we are at the peek of shame. Our former (I'm sure he's glad to be former) home teacher has mowed our lawn more times than I care to admit. There have been Saturdays that we have awoken to the buzz of his lawn mower. And yes, we do have our own, and yes, it does work. Apparently we just don't get to it often enough and he comes to our rescue. Shame indeed.
I'm pretty sure that cancer counts as an excused absence from lawn mowing.
You should feel glad that you gave someone the chance to serve you! They saw a need and they filled it. You will do the same for someone someday.
Post a Comment