CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

last summer weekend hoorah that was actually pretty low-key

On Friday we went to Logan to Owen's birthday party (Happy 3, Owen!), then stayed overnight, in theory so John could go help Mike and Bodie mix the new CD, but instead we celebrated our tenth anniversary by going to Fred Meyer Smith's to buy a shelf, then to the parking lot of Chili's where we decided not to go in and get the molten chocolate cake, then to Lee's to buy some ice cream (Spotted Dog Huckleberry Chip and Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks). You are all jealous of our intense partying.

The always-hospitable Grandma and Grandpa Huff.

Saturday we went to the fair, saw fairish things, then let the kids brave infection and abduction on the rides. The Hulk thought he wanted to go on something called the Gee Whiz, but he was grossly mistaken. When it started rocketing him around he had a flidwobbler and was screaming, purple-faced, until the carny paused the ride to let him off. We assured him that Disneyland isn't like that.

pre-freakout

Superman on his way to Krypton in his spaceship.

Saturday night we went to the rodeo, which was weak. I'm not saying I would get on a bucking animal for eight seconds, whether it parteth the hoof or not. I'm just saying that lots of other people do, including most of the contestants in previous years. Whatever.

Today was the first day of school, and Captain America and the Hulk got their chores done on time, ate most of their mush, and got out in front of Vilda's house before the bus arrived. Woohoo! One day down.

I couldn't get a non-blurry picture of the Hulk, but he is handsome all the same.

Tall, blond and handsome.

Captain America asked me this morning why we have to eat mush every day. Umm, have we met? Because I'm mean, duh. John asked if I told him that he's genetically destined to eat mush every day for his whole childhood, because John maintains that he had to eat Cream of Wheat every day while he was growing up. We had mush this morning and yesterday morning, but before that we ate cold cereal (or "prepared cereal," as Grandma Kelly would say) every morning for about three weeks.

0 comments: