This morning I woke Captain America and the Hulk for their chores--a process of tickling, poking, stage whispering their names and guilt-trippishly saying things like, "I need you to make the right choice and get up. Are you going to choose the right?"--and Superman decided that he would also get up. And I guess I should have told him that his morning chores do not include GOING OUTSIDE AND PEEING ALL OVER THE DRIVER'S SEAT OF THE CAR.
These people are going to be the death of me. Observe:
What is Pinga so happy about? Hint: it's not the fact that she looks like a dude.
Maybe it's the mess she made in the kitchen.
Or the one in the parlor.
The pillow mess--"hut," we're calling it--is pretty great, too.
Leftover mess from Friday's dinner.
Laundry washed but not folded, and linens stripped off the bed.
WHO LIVES LIKE THIS? Pinga is a destroying angel. I just walk around cleaning her messes up all the time, except when I get too tired, and then it ends up looking like these pictures. She dirties faster than I can clean, like any proper toddler, and it gets way, way ahead of me, and then I don't even clean up my own messes. And then we have people disposing of waste in inappropriate places, and Pinga pulling my laptop off the ottoman and mashing the heck out of the power cord and its point of entry, causing me to perform elaborate yoga positions to get my computer to work . . . I hate my job some days. Right now Pinga is rolling around in the puzzles she's dumped all over the floor like a pig in slop.
At least I got the dishes done.
4 comments:
I feel your pain mostly as an observer - I help some when I'm home. What I really want to say is that I think it's cool that you have a room called a "parlor." Not much help, I am... I'm not sure I believe all of this. Huff kids are too cute. Back to work.
Oh my gosh, I am seriously laughing out loud. And I won't say that I'm laughing *with* you, because clearly, not so much laughing on your part. However, I will say that I'm lauging *for* you, becuase at some point in the future, you'll find this terribly funny...or at least, not intolerable.
Gross typing errors earlier...sorry about that. It happens when typing while holding the baby.
I live like this!! You can ask your husband who is at my house right now...ask him about the milk all over the counter, the spelling word strips in the hall, the stank in the bathroom, the ribbons all over the "piano room", and you should see MY room full of laundry.."washed, but not put away".
BTW your daughter will probably be VERY creative. Annie is my messy creative genius!! Thanks for posting the pictures and making us all feel normal...although your messy isn't as messy as mine. :-)
Post a Comment