CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

picking pieces of paper out of a bowl: an essay in photos

We just did a homemade soap giveaway over at our other blog, and I thought I should show off how adept my children are at doing random selection.

mixing up the names

The Hulk selected 3rd place.

Superman chose 2nd place.

Pinga chose the grand prize winner.

And you're all, "Layne, this is just an excuse to put up pictures of your cute kids and your great new haircut!" And I'm like, "Umm, they draw names at an eighth-grade level, and the Hulk has been offered a full-ride scholarship to Raffle State University. Jealous much?"

(Also, this will be our secret, but that bowl? Is the same one we use for a puke bowl whenever anybody is sick. It's been the emesis basin for every member of our family at least once. Now you are jealous some more.)

3 comments:

highdeekay said...

jealous of the puke bowl, um, yeah! I could have used that yesterday instead of my ... let's see ... yeah, it was my body that caught the puke. Nice. Then I take her in to the bathtub to deal with her and I'm still covered in puke so I rip off my disgusting shirt and am there in the underclothes when in walks my FIL. yeah, good day!

oh, and I'm jealous of the winningest winners and your soap-making diva-ness and your four amazing, adorable children (I just have one of those).

... jealous!

the mom said...

I forgot to tell you--I will totally trade soap for a hat.

Claire said...

I do like your new haircut.