CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

our children's sunday conversation, as imagined by john

John: "Okay, kids, Mom and I are going to go have a nap now, so we need you guys to play quietly downstairs."
(a few very noisy minutes pass)
The Children: (internal dialogue) "Well, I guess we'll just have to keep screaming. They aren't responding. We sent Superman up there twice and he never came back (on the second trip Superman wormed his way into bed with John and me and fell asleep). Usually we can send him up five or six times to keep Mom and Dad awake. I guess there's nothing left to do but scream louder. I . . . well, I don't know if I can scream any louder. I guess I'm going to be pushing the physical limits of how loud I can scream, but if that's what it takes . . . "

4 comments:

Jill said...

lol..oh, the day of rest. I was just commenting to Mike the other day..(after a failed attempt at a Sunday nap), "Mike, why is that the kids think they aren't waking me up if they Whisper their questions to me?..."(in a whisper).."Mom...Mom,.(still whispering) ..can I have some cheese and crackers?"

YES!!! GO EAT A TUB OF ICECREAM JUST LET ME SLEEP FOR CRAP SAKES!!

the mom said...

I started laughing in Sacrament meeting yesterday, because we were singing the verse of "Gently Raise the Sacred Strain" that says "Holy day, devoid of strife." Clearly not written by a parent.

Sarah said...

So I was laughing out loud when I read your post, but then I read the comments and Olivia is seriously wondering what the heck is so dang funny. The Sunday Nap has become a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow; a bunch of bull. Actually, we've been doing "switch napping." So, I'll handle the crazy children while Daniel sleeps a bit, then we swap. Try it out for a real live nap. Until then, just enjoy the screaming children in the basement, or the whispers from 1/2 inch away "Mom, I peed in my underwear." Good times.

highdeekay said...

What is a Sunday nap? Eden is the only one who gets that around here. Meetings, meetings, meetings. I think that hymn was not only not written by a parent, it wasn't written by anyone LDS. Day of rest? Whose definition? Not mine!