You guys . . . are you ready for Travis Sorenson Day? Because it's happening at the end of the month, you know. May 30, to be exact--so it's not even Travis Sorenson Day Observed this time. And this year I have my outdoor drapes all ready to hang on the patio and give us some relief. I think we'll need another grill for this year, if anyone wants to bring one, because ours was woefully inadequate for the demands placed upon it.
The menu will be potluck, as usual (and by "as usual" I mean "like last year), so bring some meat and a side dish of some sort, and any games you want to play. There will be a slippy slide and a kiddie pool. And I'm not promising festive outdoor string lights, what with these uncertain economic times, but don't be surprised.
June- Home & Yellowstone
11 years ago
4 comments:
am I missing something? What in the heck is Travis Sorenson day? Oh, who cares...if there's food I'll come...ok,I won't, but I will want to come. :-)
Why won't you come? Don't you even care about Travis? Kids today, with their disregard for major holidays!
Travis Sorenson Day is a holiday John and I started to celebrate his friend Travis's birthday. Travis doesn't come, but we have a cookout and a party in his honor. Some people call it a Memorial Day barbecue, but we're creative.
And we really like for a lot of people to come, so I think you should.
I really think you should rotate and call it Heidi Kesler day every-other-year. That way you could say it is a holiday you started to celebrate Layne's friend's birthday. Seriously! If Travis doesn't attend anyway ...
This one is good for a laugh... I happened upon your blogs right around Travis Sorenson Day a couple years ago. I took notice since he is a long time friend of mine. I don't think his birthday was mentioned in post and it may have said something like "in his honor" and I incorrectly assumed that something tragic had happened and he was "no longer with us". I was really glad to find out Travis lives. Have a great celebration!
Post a Comment