The other day John and Richard were playing a little bit of one-on-one, and John happened to be a point or two up when the game ended. And Richard totally flipped, man. Did the full Arnold*, kicking and pouting . . . just really disgraceful, you know? I'm guessing because he felt like his manhood was compromised or something, and John robbed him of something precious.
Just kidding! He actually didn't care--probably because he just let John win. Oh, burn! But Richard, here's a little something for you to make it all better, just in case you really were like that:
One recent Sunday I was gone and John had to do the kids' hair. It wasn't pretty. He kept globbing stuff into Captain America's hair, and it kept getting worse and worse. Then this happened:
Captain America: "Mom does my hair better than you. I bet Richard does hair better than you, too, because Richard has hair."
See, Richard? Manhood all better.
*Skip ahead to about 4:30 in the clip, and you'll see what the full Arnold is. Opie is pretty inexperienced.
June- Home & Yellowstone
11 years ago
3 comments:
given the nights description in this blog we may have discrepancies of the events and how they were relayed to our wives with face saving tactics. Having no Bearden witness I feel inclined to keep my version of the story. However I will say I was still suffering from a M. Willson ego beat down in Vernal. As to the hair thing.... It's on my back!! :)
After talking with John I realize that my post may have been interpreted in different ways but I really was just trying to be funny but it didn't work. All the talk about keeping my manhood intact was really more concerning. As the Shearing and Docking season are upon us I need to be more careful with the dialogue about hair and manhood. Ask John about a Monday FHE with the Beardens and the McAllisters.
oh my your children are so funny and cute! I love reading your blog!
Post a Comment