CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 29, 2010

sorry about the dead quail, red butte garden

Can anyone tell me why it is that when you do something fun with/for your kids, they repay you by being rotten and terrible? This can manifest in many ways, including, but not limited to: peeing their pants, barfing in the car or other hard-to-clean place, fighting, disobeying, throwing rocks at small animals, being base and vulgar, generally acting like lab monkeys. Like this:

I'm sure there is some eternal law that makes this so, because it is so consistently enforced. I think maybe I'm supposed to learn that I shoudn't expect fun outings to affect behavior. Maybe it's supposed to teach me patient continuance in well-doing. BORING.

One of these days I'll learn to stop being so nice.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I was just saying this same thing this morning! "Man, it's 6:30 and you're all awake, but instead of being ornery, I'm going to be pleasant and take you all for a lovely early morning walk and try to be wonderful, and then everyone is going to turn into screaming, whining, crazy people." I'm never going to be nice again.