CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

with the pumped-up kicks

When we were driving home from church after Grant was ordained a deacon, he was trying to get Willa to share her candy she got in church (because she ALWAYS gets candy in church--how are we supposed to have fat children if we don't give them candy every hour of every day?), and she was not loving the idea. So Grant says, "Willa! I was just ordained!" Not like he was exercising unrighteous dominion or anything, just like it was his birthday, and he needed a present. Oh, how we laughed.


When I got home from picking Willa up from preschool today the neighbor kids and their cousins were in our backyard. They wanted to hold the bunnies and play with the goats and chase the chickens, and that was all fine, but I needed to do work and feed Willa lunch, and I started feeling irritated that they were hanging around and messing up my schedule. So then I had this conversation with myself:
Me: "Is it going to kill you to keep an eye on a few kids for a little while? You know, sacrifice brings blessings, and if you serve begrudgingly you don't get the blessings."
Me: "FINE. It's not that bad. I'm not really watching them anyway."
Me: "See? I told you."
Me: "But if I'm not put out about it, it's not really a sacrifice, which means I'm not going to get blessings, anyway. I want them to leave now."

We went and looked at the Bingham Copper Mine yesterday. It was a really big, deep hole in the ground, with big trucks hauling crap out of it. Did you know that Tiffany gets their gold from the Bingham Copper Mine? That's what my mom said she heard on TV. Maybe it's true.

0 comments: