Yesterday we were singing "Be Still My Soul" in church and I started crying. I didn't do it on purpose, it's just "Finlandia" is a really beautiful song, and it's all tied up with sad and happy memories. I couldn't help it!
On our way to Lehi last night to have Sunday dinner with Sandi and Kerry we played numerous games of mash, which were illuminating. For example, Ike wants to be a server at the Cracker Barrel. Emmett wants to be a long-distance trucker. Grant wants to be Captain America. Willa wants to be a caker maker. I want to be an otter trainer. John wants to be a career guidance counselor.
I cut all the boys' hair on Saturday so they wouldn't all look like they were convicts wearing Incredible Hulk wigs. Grant was ordained a deacon, so I wanted everybody to look sharp. Of course he's very excited that he gets to go to two extra hours of General Conference next week.
I hate PTA. Not because it's a lot of work, but because there is this one lady who I think is confused about how important her job is, and I think she maybe thinks she's President President, not PTA President. I had a meeting with her last week, and she is exhausting. It's not the lady I work with, thank goodness. My president is very chill. But that other lady is a trip.
June- Home & Yellowstone
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment