I was listening to Kid Stuff again this morning, and it started me to thinking. I sort of a-cappellad myself out about eight years ago, after listening through the Rockapella library, the BOCA collections, and all the other assorted a cappella CDs that John brought to the relationship (which is a full crap-ton). I see Voice Male in concert often enough that I don't usually listen to their CDs, see above, re: a-cappellad out. Keep in mind that I listened to ONLY a cappella with occasional Frank Sinatra for about two or three years. It gives you aural fatigue--even the Beatles will do that after a while.
Anyhoodle, justifications aside, I wanted to say that I love this CD. Voice Male has, for the first time, equalled Mariah Carey in the sick, sick right hemisphere of my brain. They've given me chills before ("O Come, O Come, Emmanuel"), but "Sing, Sing a Song" makes me cry. It's like listening to all four seasons at once. John and Mike have a fun little scat in "Do Re Mi," When I "See An Elephant Fly" is right in John's wheelhouse, I love "Noodles On My Back," "Circle Of Life" is not only tolerable, but great--Mike has this whole monsters-of-rock-power-ballad thing going on--and I'm telling you, Kid Stuff is some of their best work. They're in great voice, and they sound so happy. I'm not often sincere, but I can say that I don't lie to make people feel better, and this is currently my favorite CD. You won't know what I'm talking about until you hear it yourself, but it captures their personalities wonderfully.
Sorry about the mush. But it's such good mush!
June- Home & Yellowstone
11 years ago
7 comments:
Amen, Sista! I do love it so, as well and it makes me so happy to hear my kids singing along at the top of their lungs each time we get in the car and listen to it. I hope everyone in the entire world buys one. Because, its worth it, its a great listen, and then they'd make a little dough for all their hard work!:)
P.S. That last comment is from ME, not Richard. I forgot to switch accounts.
Hee. I was wondering about the "amen, sista." Sounds kinda girly for him.
As I said earlier, I totally agree. The CD is awesome...only, the songs are totally imbedded in my brain now! Seriously, for the past three days they have been playing in my mind over and over and over again. The crazy thing is that I've really only listened to the bloomin' thing twice! Though, that is the mark of good music - it gets in and doesn't come out :) Props to voice male, because this is a fantastic CD!
My favorite songs on it are noodles on my back, pecos bill, when i see an elephant fly and circle of life. I love their new website, too!
oh this is me not nate
I am super excited to run out and get me a copy. It sounds amazing! Thanks for the review!
Daela
Post a Comment