CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

wrecking faces and visiting

I have lost the cord that tells my computer how to steal pictures from my camera, so I haven't been able to download any of the glorious photos I've taken recently, including but not limited to the shots of Superman in the hospital from having a huge marble vanity top fall on his head, splitting his nose open from stem to stern and filleting the inside of his upper lip. It was one of those great moments when you realize that you're too stupid to be a parent. I was fairly certain that he was going to die from a brain hemorrhage. But all is well, amazingly enough, and the plastic surgeon who did his stitches was fantastic (Dr. Casey Isom, if any of you have open wounds you need sewn shut), and he should have minimal scarring. And, bonus, maybe it has cured him of sucking his thumb, since it's been too painful for over a week now. Score!

Yesterday we visited Owen and Ava, and I have library envy of the North Logan library. The children's section is amazingly huge. I've been a little disappointed in our library. Maybe they're trying to force us to pass the bond by having a teeny picture book section.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Good grief! Is he really OK? That sounds sooo terrible! You gotta love all the crazy things that happen to kids. And way to go to us moms who think we might faint over all the blood and panic- but we make it through and thankfully, so do our kids. Daniel already has a nice "scarology" from all the stupid things that have happened to him. I should have had his last injury (from a year ago) stitched by a professional, but I did the job myself with a tube of superglue, and I'm pretty sure the scar will always be an ugly one!

the mom said...

Sweet! Superglue is so handy--I used it myself when I sliced my finger nice and deep cutting John's ice cream cake.