CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 27, 2008

with six you get alumni

John's illustrious singing career has garnered him a major award--Voice Male was honored as the "Young Alumni of the Year" at USU. The 'young' part is being contested. They were fed and coddled and made obeisance to, and it was tremendous fun. John's membership in the group has brought him so much joy, and they have had such unique and rewarding experiences. When we got married ten years ago (that's the sound of my joints creaking with age) I said to John, "You're not going to still be doing this in five years, are you? Because I don't like the idea of a bunch of old men up on stage singing "Five Long Years."" Well, we learn to compromise in a marriage, right? Because Voice Male has kept John sane (at least more than it's made him insane), and has made my life pretty darn comfortable. I didn't realize how much I would feel like these people are our family. And I've met people and done things I would never have had an opportunity to do otherwise. So thanks, fellas, for being such great regular guys.

Enough sincerity--here are some pictures!

John took this picture of either the tables or Richard. Maybe both!

My handsome father and beautiful mother were our guests.

"No, YOU'RE schmoopy!"

Here is a shot of the whole dress and the rad shoes I got from Smith's Marketplace (the shoes are from Smith's, the dress is not). They are very old-timey.

John also had a CD release concert on Saturday night, so it was quite the Voice Male weekend. Thanks to our awesome babysitters who do a much better job of raising our children than we do.

3 comments:

Jill said...

that was such a fun weekend. I still wish we could have stayed and got our "freak on" with you guys hee hee

you looked so great.. (that's why I asked you to dance lol

ps don't look too close at my grammar i usually type while feeding Jack, plus I am missing my left shift key...

Sarah said...

Congrats to Voice Male for a well-deserved award. That is SO awesome. Oh, and I heard their Logan show sold out in like 6 hours...maybe that's an exaggeration..but probably not. Also, your dress (and shoes) in the pictures are awesome - you look great!

highdeekay said...

So, so fun! It was also great fun and yummy having lunch today. Thanks! I'm glad you are my (VM) sister-wife!