CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

turns out that it takes a long time to drive from charlotte to charleston

We spent a lot of time in the van. But since we were mostly all in the same car for much of the trip we did okay. Minimal hair-pulling, and the people in the back seat only had to be told a few times to stop smoking and making out.

Our van full of weirdos. Not shown: Phil and Heidi, and Richard and Jen who were the navigators, bless their hearts.

Mike and Jo.

Mike likes vending machines. Too bad he's not blind, and he could help manage this rest stop.

So precious. Pinch our little cheeks.

There is a Mt. Pleasant there! But I bet they don't even know the difference between a show-quality carrot-snapping turkeysheep and one that's just grade.

On the way to the beach at Isle of Palms. Little did we know what was already brewing.

Okay, see the slightly impish look in Phil and Heidi's eyes?

Richard and Jen looking cute and completely family-friendly.

Me, freezing by myself, because John was chronicling the events. And look what events occurred!

Phil and Heidi! Elodie was right there and you could have put all kinds of salacious ideas in her mind! No wonder you had a baby so fast.

Richard and Jen contemplating the numberless sands of the sea.

The big white boat seen behind my odd face is the boat we took on our dinner cruise around Charleston Harbor.

John and me. He has really big hands, doesn't he? Tall boys are the best. Such a flattering accessory.

Mike and Jo, enjoying what they are afraid may be their last vacation.

Valerie, John and Elodie. Elodie didn't eat her grits, and I sort of wanted to beg for them, but then I got full.

Jen and Richard.

Heidi and Phil.

Jill and Mike.

On the boat there was a three-piece band who played the dinner and dancing music. Mike got some sort of bee in his bonnet and had what may have been an out-of-body experience during "Play That Funky Music." I'm astonished that he didn't rip himself in half when he did the splits. The cruise was a lot of fun, and very different from other things we've done. Good call, John Luthy.

Walking through Charleston. Right after this Mike tried to ruin Jenny's photo of a beautiful house by jumping through it, and there was a big dog in a car right next to him that almost came through the window and tore his throat out. He could have died! It was hilarious!

On the waterfront.

The Leaning Tower of Us.

Saturday night while the boys were doing their first concert the girls went shopping and got makeup and clothes. When we walked into the second concert our husbands were so taken aback by our gorgeousity that they put their microphones down and ran off the stage to plant big slobbery kisses on our mouths. Except for the part about where they even noticed us walking in.

After the concerts we went to the Swails' house for some incredible food. Mustardy barbecue the likes of which I have never seen or tasted, and a carrot cake that I would commit grand larceny for.

We poached Derek and Michelle's bed because we're princesses and can do what we bloody well please.

It was a lovely excursion, and we would be very interested in taking more trips together, if anyone out there wants to hire Voice Male for a concert--maybe in Hawaii?

2 comments:

richvm said...

Ah, such fun. I really wish it could have lasted a bit longer. Great pictures! It made me happy to see them. Hopefully I'll get around to posting mine soon. Fun stuff! Do you hate how I always use Richards account? Sorry.

highdeekay said...

What can I say, I'ma in love with my hottie hubby! Awesome pictures - glad not everyone forgot their cameras! I guess we were so busy kissing and such to think about cameras.

I agree, I would be completely willing to take more VM vacations! Thanks for making the trip to the southland.