CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 4, 2012

truly scrumptious, you're truly scrumptious

Some highlights from our trip to FHE tonight.

1. We forgot Willa, and were just about to the freeway entrance when Ike said, "Where's Willa?" She was wandering around in the garden, and didn't even know she'd been left behind.
2. I kept shouting at people to be quiet and listen because we were reading the scriptures.
3. We learned a new game that I like very much, and better yet, it doesn't involve being hit on the head while your eyes are closed.
4. We had a thought-provoking discussion about whether or not Cro-Magnon peoples will be a servant class in the hereafter; whether or not that would be fulfilling their divine destiny.
5. I read the story of "The Sleeping Beauty" to the children, and was reminded that in my copy there is a lovely addendum to the story that involves the prince's mother being an ogress who tries to eat Sleeping Beauty (who is never given a name) and her children, but is prevented from doing so, then perishes horribly in a vat of toads, vipers, snakes and serpents. It's very thrilling!

We don't have school tomorrow, and I'm not prepared. I'm pretty sure we're going to waste the entire day. Maybe I'll take them to a matinee.

0 comments: