CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

family holiday

Friday night we went to Morgan with all my family and stayed in a ginormo house with a pool, air hockey/pool table, two ovens (Eee!), huge TVs and tons of bed- and bathrooms. We went tubing on Saturday, churching on Sunday, left on Monday and were eating all the while. Everyone pulled out all the stops and made incredible crunchings and munchings for us that made us behave ourselves disgracefully and eat like ravenous swine. If I can get some pictures on this stupid machine I'll add them.

On Saturday Superman went down the hill twice and was no longer buying any crazy. Some doofus wasn't watching when she crossed the tubing lane, and Aleece wrecked into her and mashed her lip all up, also endangering little Espn. Kids today with their rock music and their premature lane crossing!

On Sunday there was a great talk to be heard in Sacrament meeting if only one had a directional noise canceller with which to silence each of the many rude people in the congregation conducting business in normal speaking voices. I, thankfully, was in the mother's room with a rioting Pinga, so I was able to hear much of the speaker's sound parenting advice.

We made cookies on Sunday night and had an impromptu decorating contest, which I'm fairly sure I lost. Claire was a fierce competitor, but I think Justine's white-frosted heart edged with sprinkle detritus was the best.

Monday the kids snuck in a quick swim, then we left for home, stopping on the way at the Beehive Cheese Company, a little bit more about which can be read over on Baba Capra. After taking care of our grateful animals, we went to Logan to visit John's parents and feed people our leftovers, as well as expose them to the conjunctivitis that The Hulk had mysteriously acquired. You're welcome, family!

0 comments: